Wednesday 5 October 2011

Adam's Back! (Located just around the corner from his front...)

Well...

Given my last official post on here was in January, and that was, in fact, my only post...I think we should put a line under it and just say this, right here, is where I start writing.

I mean, still read my previous post. It's not bad! Just...let's not talk about the absent period. If you want to see where I've been, check here - that's my other blog, dedicated to my writing. So that makes this one my personal blog. Welcome, I hope you enjoy everything I have to say...

...I'm sure I will!

I watched a programme recently written by the irreplaceable Stephen Fry called 'Fry's Planet Word', which is a look into language and how it became, how it evolved, how we learn and develop it, and how it differentiates us from every other species known to man. I've only seen the first episode, and it's a five-parter, but so far I'm very interested indeed. Admittedly, the introductory episode 'Babel' did cover a lot of ground I was already familiar with, but we get given too few television programmes about language these days, so when they come around I think they deserve to be shouted about...

...or at least blogged about.

On the topic of language-based television beauties, did anyone used to watch Balderdash & Piffle? Loved that one too.

So, for all you lovers of lingo* out there, please do take a look and let me know if you enjoyed it thoroughly too. Episode 1 is available until the end of October, so don't dillydally.

If I find episode 2 as good, I'll probably have to plug it again, just to forewarn you!

Anyway, hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of me in the coming days and weeks, but for now, I'm going to go and walk my dog Taz and try to avoid being blown away by the wind...



It's good to be back.



*That does say 'lovers of lingo' and, sadly, isn't a typing error for 'lovers of limbo'...sorry to disappoint...

1 comment:

  1. Your dog is cute! Good luck tomorrow, and with keeping up the writing.

    ReplyDelete