Tuesday 18 January 2011

O Arise, All You Sons

O Arise, all you sons of this land,
Let us sing of our joy to be free...


Papua New Guinea.

I start with a mention of this delicious-sounding state not only because it is highly unlikely it will ever get mentioned again elsewhere in my writing, but also because, as locations in the modern-day world go, there are few others quite as unexplored or estranged. And it's been so long since I actually sat and started to write something substantial that my own mind is feeling somewhat like I imagine Papua New Guinea would feel if a country was granted such sensation: a little isolated, untouched, undiscovered (and difficult to spell)...

This year, I've aimed to actually finish one of my 'big' projects in writing, and I do seriously intend on sticking to that goal. But I'm yet to retrieve all the bits and pieces I need to begin my writing, thanks to a truly horrific external hard drive and its corrupt innards. I do feel for the poor little fella - I have IBS, so have had some dealings with corrupt innards myself - but until I can remove all of the stuff crammed inside it's wee stomach, I can't really move on...

...sounds a lot like IBS actually.

Sitting on my hands whilst figuring out how to cost-effectively save my collection of crowings and conflations was making me feel like a terribly cheap boob-job - I began to sit with a peculiar posture and started to deflate somewhat - so I decided it was time to start up a blog again. And, hopefully this time, keep it up.

It'll probably end up being a random collection of cross-eyed, cross-dressed chunterings, but maybe I'll find some interesting things to talk about along the way too...

...after all, when was the last time somebody mentioned Papua New Guinea in conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment