Thursday 6 October 2011

What a Wonderful, Wacky, Wampy World #1

I'm going to try and make these kinds of posts a bit more regular, as every day I seem to come across something that either amuses me, or sends me into a state of awe. The world is wonderful, and you don't actually have to look too hard to find proof of this. On the flipside of that, the world is also incredibly wacky... This is mostly a result of our creativity as humans bleeding into boredom; the whole process giving birth to ludicrous, often brilliant nuggets of knowledge or nonsense.

Today, I spent the day recruiting students at my old college for my new creative writing group (read more about that here), and I found two prime examples of such behaviour...all on one miniature whiteboard-rubber!


Excuse the language on the second picture; try instead to see this as a fine example of the empty-headed, hormone-heavy human condition a 17 year old must deal with each and every day, culminating in this fine piece of prose.........


...as my old English teacher muttered upon reading this: "Oh, for f***'s sake..."
And, I suppose, she's quite right.

When I got home, I also found out where The Incredible Hulk deposits his used toilet roll tubes after he's done with them: right outside my house, apparently...



...would have thought I'd have noticed this before now. Obviously not.


Anyway, that's all for now. I'll be back with more of these soon no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment